@GuntherEagleman Karmelo Anthony hearing update:
Prosecutor: “we have text messages of Karmelo fantasizing about … someone and licking the blood off the blade”
🇺🇸UPDATE: Karmelo Anthony’s ex reported him for stalking about an hour before he stabbed 17-year-old Austin Metcalf at a Frisco track meet, a Collin County prosecutor told a new-trial hearing.
Bill Wirskye also cited texts from that morning in which Anthony wrote he was “on the verge” and fantasized about stabbing someone.
Anthony was convicted of murder in June and sentenced to 35 years, but now his lawyers are seeking a new trial.
INSANE KARMELO ANTHONY UPDATE:
Apparently, Karmelo Anthony was stalking his girlfriend who had broken up with him, the day he stabbed Austin Metcalf.
Per the Collin County prosecutor, the morning of the stabbing Karmelo sent a text reading he was “lowkey on the verge”.
Another text message read that he fantasized about “stabbing someone and licking the blood off the blade” per Daily Mail reporter @MaryAnnreports
The prosecutor also claimed that Anthony was obsessed with fights, guns, and knives.
Karmelo Anthony is back in court as his lawyers attempt to request a new trial, stating that there were “constitutional violations” during his first trial.
Back in June he was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 35 years in prison.
Prosecutor: “We have text messages of Karmelo fantasizing about stabbing someone and licking the blood off the blade.”
Arguably, one of the biggest bombshells from today’s Karmelo Anthony hearing.
Remember: The “gentleman’s agreement” was reportedly intended to keep character evidence about both Karmelo Anthony and Austin Metcalf out of the June trial.
So the question is: Was keeping this evidence out part of the reason Anthony’s trial attorney agreed to the arrangement?
We don’t know that yet, but what prosecutors revealed today makes that an important question.
🚨 Attorney Edward Paltzik confirmed there is a 0% chance Nolan Wells's friends did anything wrong, and lawsuits are coming for the online mob.
Watch part 1 of my interview at the link below:
White 56-year-old husband and father Fredrick Lytton was working alongside Black 23-year-old Devin Rice at a U-Haul facility in West Nashville.
You already know how this ends.
The two men were reportedly arguing about a soda when Fredrick Lytton turned and walked away from the verbal dispute, returning to his work station. Moments later, Devin Rice walked up behind Lytton, pulled out a handgun, and emptied it into Lytton's back, killing him.
Point blank murder, on the job, in broad daylight, over an argument about a soda that Lytton had already walked away from.
Just look at young Devin's angel face. Who could have possibly predicted that such a sweet boy would have such low impulse control?
It's been a week since this Black-on-White murder and, as usual, zero national coverage. Numerous local media have covered the story. Zero have published the White victim's photograph.
🚨 BREAKING UPDATE: MAN INTERVIEWED IN CONNECTION WITH TASIA FORTUNE’S DEATH ARRESTED ON UNRELATED FIREARM CHARGE
A significant new development in the investigation into the death of 29-year-old Tasia Fortune, the Mississippi mother of four who was found hanging from a tree in Jackson on August 3.
Terence Bernard Anderson has been arrested on an unrelated charge of possession of a weapon by a convicted felon. Hinds County records show Anderson was booked into the Raymond Detention Center on August 4.
Detectives reportedly told the court that Anderson had already been interviewed in connection with Fortune’s death. According to reporting reviewed by PEOPLE, Anderson denied having anything to do with her death but acknowledged that he and Fortune had been in an argument. Police reportedly said the two had been in a relationship; Anderson denied that characterization.
Even more notable, the Hinds County inmate record provided to me lists Anderson’s address on Road of Remembrance - the same road where Fortune was found. The record lists his arresting agency as JPD and the charge as weapon possession by a convicted felon.
His bond is currently set to 250k.
So far, Anderson has NOT been charged in connection with Tasia Fortune’s death, and his current firearm charge is unrelated. Authorities have also not publicly identified him as a suspect in her death. The investigation remains ongoing.
Fortune’s family continues to publicly question the circumstances surrounding her death. Her mother has said she does not believe her daughter took her own life. Fortune’s body was sent to the state medical examiner for an autopsy to determine the official cause and manner of death.
This is a developing story.
@RDRembert They are not suspects. There is zero evidence against them. He was seen by witnesses after they left the island. Accusing them based on skin color? Disgusting