$QNT ran from about $197 to $212 in four hours last night, and by this morning it had given all of it back. Charts like that usually end with a panic candle, but this one didn't. It just walked back down slowly while the volume stayed high.
That's the part I keep staring at. 24h volume jumped from around $66M to over $100M during the push, and it's still sitting near $107M now, about 65% higher than this time yesterday. The money that showed up last night didn't leave when the price did.
So if buyers can push $QNT past $210 in four hours and sellers are clearly waiting up there, who runs out first? Who blinks first, the people selling at $210 or the people buying every dip back to $195?
Not financial advice, just my opinion and my research.
$QNT already had its move in September, going from about $61 to about $287 in roughly two weeks. Now it's sitting near $180 and still holding more than half of that run. I'm watching how it acts around the $174 area more than any number up top. What would make you add more from here?
I drew the whole September move on one chart this morning, because the daily red candles make it hard to see where $QNT actually is.
The run went from about $61 in mid September to about $287 on 1 October. Today it sits near $180.
That means roughly 47% of the move has been given back, and a bit more than half of it is still standing.
The halfway line of that move is around $174. The level above it, about $201, is the area where recent pushes have struggled to hold.
So right now $QNT is boxed between two lines traders watch on almost every big run. Overnight it dipped to about $179 and came back without much fuss.
A token that more than quadruples in a month and keeps over half of it after three weeks of cooling looks like digestion to me.
Does $174 hold and become the floor for the next leg, or does the market need to test $147 before it believes the move?
Another year added to my story today, spent like most of my days: researching, reading $QNT charts, watching the wider crypto market and sharing what I find with you.
To everyone in this space who reads my posts, drops a comment or shares an idea, I see you all and I never take it for granted.
Every engagement and every disagreement taught me something and helped build me into who I am today.
A big shout out to the big accounts I learn from, and a special thank you to @jon_d_doe, whose page taught me a lot.
Keep being who you are and keep building. The best chapter is still being written.
Happy birthday to me.
$QNT is slipping about 9% this week to $183, and my view has not changed. The token is still up roughly 150% over thirty days, so I read this as a pause after a fast run, not a broken chart. Supply is capped at 14.6M, which means any fresh demand meets a hard ceiling. Daily volume has cooled from $110M to about $63M, and that calmer tape is what I keep watching. What if buyers return exactly when the timeline gets bored? Just my opinion.
@AshCrypto says after more than 100 hours of charts he's convinced $BTC hits $100K before the year ends. The same day, US spot Bitcoin ETFs saw about $635M walk out, their biggest single-day outflow since June, with BlackRock's IBIT alone losing $254M.
I'm not calling Ash wrong. $BTC sits around $81K, so $100K is roughly 23% away with about ten weeks left. What I keep wondering is what that run would do to everything else, with dominance already close to 60% and the highest it's been since May. I've watched $QNT move on its own news this month while Bitcoin went sideways, so my gut says it doesn't need permission, but a 23% $BTC rally could just as easily suck all the attention away for a while.
If $BTC really prints $100K by December, does $QNT ride that wave higher, or sit in the shade while the money stays in Bitcoin?
Two nights ago $QNT pushed to about $212 and trading volume nearly doubled with it. Yesterday I said the money that came in hadn't left yet. This morning it has. Rolling 24h volume is back near $61M, almost exactly where it sat before the push, and price has settled around $189 after dipping to about $187 overnight.
I'm not reading that as weakness, and here's why. A pullback on rising volume usually means people are rushing for the exit. This one drifted lower while volume cooled off, on a day when the whole market was red and $BTC slipped under $82K. My read is that the fast money and the leverage I wrote about last night are mostly gone, and the people still holding weren't planning to sell anyway.
The high $180s on quiet volume is the level I'm watching now. If the next real wave of buying starts from here, it starts from a cleaner base than the run to $212 did.
Is quiet volume after a pullback a sign holders are done selling, or just buyers sitting back waiting for something lower?
$XRP has been sitting under that line for months, and I've learned to watch the volume more than the candle. I track $QNT the same way, ignoring the daily noise until real buying shows up behind a move. When a breakout finally comes, do you trust the price first or wait for the volume to confirm?
Price drops on war headlines and miners still push hashrate to a 7-month high. I'm seeing something like that on $QNT futures too: open interest flushed out today, and funding is negative, so the shorts are the ones paying. The price chart is red but underneath it looks calmer. Anyone else watching that?
Spent the evening digging into why $QNT is off about 10% today, and honestly it looks calmer than that red candle. Total crypto lost around 6% in 24 hours, $BTC slipped almost 4%, oil is above $100 on Iran war fears and the Fed meets next week, so money is hiding in Bitcoin and its dominance is close to 60%.
On the futures side, Binance open interest fell from about $31M to $26M in a day, which tells me a lot of leverage got flushed. Funding is negative on Binance and Bybit too, meaning shorts are the ones paying now.
Even after this pullback we're sitting around $187, roughly 2.5x where it was a month ago at $74. How are you handling today?
Just my opinion.
Buy the dip works on $BTC, but alts don't all come back the same way. $QNT is down about 10% today, close to three times what $BTC lost, right after a huge run this month. Do you think the tokens that ran hardest in October are the first ones to bounce when the war news settles, or the last?
That could be part of it, because big money tends to sit on its hands when nobody knows what's coming. What gets me is that $QNT still climbed while everyone was waiting. If the uncertainty clears and money starts moving again, do you think it goes back into $BTC first or into the tokens that already held up?
30 days ago $QNT was sitting around $74. Today it's around $190, up about 158%, while $BTC is down about 5.5% over the same 30 days and $81K feels heavy.
That's not what an alt usually does when $BTC is bleeding.
One side says $QNT is a late pump that gives it all back once the market turns red for real. The other side says this is the first time in a long time it's trading on its own story instead of following $BTC.
I've been staring at this chart all week and I keep going back and forth. Which side are you on?
Not financial advice, just my opinion and my research
You might be right about this morning, because $BTC and $QNT are both down about 1.7% today. What got me thinking is that the push to $212 last night came with a big jump in $QNT's own volume, so for a few hours it looked like it had its own buyers. What do you think it would take for that to last weeks instead of hours?
$QNT ran from about $197 to $212 in four hours last night, and by this morning it had given all of it back. Charts like that usually end with a panic candle, but this one didn't. It just walked back down slowly while the volume stayed high.
That's the part I keep staring at. 24h volume jumped from around $66M to over $100M during the push, and it's still sitting near $107M now, about 65% higher than this time yesterday. The money that showed up last night didn't leave when the price did.
So if buyers can push $QNT past $210 in four hours and sellers are clearly waiting up there, who runs out first? Who blinks first, the people selling at $210 or the people buying every dip back to $195?
Not financial advice, just my opinion and my research.
$QNT is back at $201 this morning, and my replies this week showed me there are three kinds of holders right now. Some of you are adding at this price, some are sitting on cash waiting for $160 again, and some are done adding no matter what. Which one are you, and what would make you switch?
Whatever this market has done to your bag lately, you're not alone, we've all had days like that. I see a lot of the same names in my replies every night and I don't take that for granted, this page is built with you, not only when the charts are moving. Good night everyone, rest well and keep paying attention.
I was going through the $QNT tag this evening and a lot of what I saw has nothing to do with the token at all. Quantinuum, the quantum computing company, also trades as QNT, so news and stock posts about quantum computers and leveraged funds are landing in the same search as our token. Quant the company is not doing quantum computing. It builds Overledger, which in simple words is software that lets a bank's old systems and different blockchains talk to each other without the bank rebuilding everything from scratch. Customers pay in USD or subscribe with $QNT, and there will only ever be about 14.6 million tokens. Before you react to any headline under that tag, check which QNT the post is talking about. Have you seen this mix-up in your feed, and how do you filter the noise?
Not financial advice, just my opinion and my research.