Biggest moron on the platform (probably). iOS Jailbreaking stuff. Openly Autistic.
Not a security researcher or developer.
Side Account: @MasterOfMike88
Dopamine 3.0 (by @opa334dev) has released, supporting all devices up to 17.3.1 and A13 and lower devices on 17.4-18.7.1/26.0.x.
Download: https://t.co/R5Io3ahFXw
Guide (15.0-16.6.1/17.0): https://t.co/gbWQtTujze
Guide (16.7-16.7.16/17.0.1-18.7.1/26.0.x): https://t.co/u4hozkRBSM
@kyrilthecat thats the hope
if even a few are rare ios i could maybe make some money from it
although i might keep them instead because obviously, i dont have enough
You've definitely heard of #DarkSword. @imnotclarity is now walking us through the inner workings of some key elements of this exploit chain and re-implementation of the DarkSword kernel exploit supporting iOS 26.0.1. #TheSAS2026
Something else I've only thought about recently that I'll add to this: If you're considering getting an iPhone 18 Pro Max specifically (all other iPhones are fine), I would highly recommend getting one sooner rather than later.
Due to Apple/AT&T somehow managing to screw stuff up with 27.0 for the 18 Pro Max in the US (I have absolutely no idea how but they did), if you get a brand new 18 Pro Max *and it comes on 27.0* (27.0.1 is fine), you will likely get a forced update to whatever latest is when you try to activate it.
Right now, this is a non-issue because latest for the 18 Pro Max is 27.0.1. The problem is more if you get an 18 Pro Max on 27.0 in like a month from now when 27.0.1 is no longer latest.
If you’re on any iOS 27.x beta: please restore to 26.6.1 RC (heavily preferred since it has DelayOTA) or 27.0.1.
If you’re on an iPhone 18 Pro (Max): install 27.0.1, it patches some important issues for usability
If you’re on any other stable iOS release: *STAY WHERE YOU ARE!*
For those that aren't aware: 27.2 beta 3 did likely patch an SPTM Bypass.
The advice through everything has still been "stay and wait for stuff", and that hasn't changed in the slightest
However, as there's more "known" (for lack of a better term) about this (compared to the exact specifics of the Calif chain), I would say that - if you end up in a situation where you absolutely have to update - I would highly recommend avoiding anything past 27.0.1/27.2b2 (and probably 26.7.1 for AlternateSU)
@ilearn_it 90 days refers to the delay ota window for those on 26.x or lower.
The month I mention is just an example, as 27.2 will likely be released by mid-November, and at that point the latest version for the 18 Pro Max (which - if you get one on 27.0 - is a forced update)
It'll remain available for everyone for 90 days after a follow-up version is released.
But beyond that, there's still lots of unknowns - even besides the SPTM Bypass side of stuff, there's still questions as to device support (or even reliability potentially) of a kexploit.
Plus, there's still no idea in terms of *when* Calif will release their stuff - it could still be a very long time from now (all they've said was "in due time")
@John011235 there is a surprising number of people who thinks it's related to the TSS bug
why people think that is frankly beyond me... but whatever really
(also I am, in fact, a real human)
So this is indeed real - here’s a quick rundown on some simple things though:
- This does not involve that one TSS bug
- They’ve said something to the effect of “this will be released in due time” - I personally still think it’s many miles away, but I could ultimately be wrong on this
Now as to the question of “should I delay ota to 27.0.1?”, I would not for a multitude of reasons.
As I’ve mentioned before a couple of times, once you are on 27.x, delay ota’ing from that point on is effectively unviable (you need an MDM that supports a specific thing and most free ones don’t).
As a result, in the event the bugs are released or RE’d while vulnerable versions are still available in the delay ota window, you’ll still be able to delay ota to the optimal version one more time, provided you’re on 26.x or lower.
Some other smaller/related reasons to stay on older versions:
- There is no flat guarantee as to when the bugs will release or be RE’d (it could still be a very very long time ultimately) (technically there’s still the chance the bugs could never release or be RE’d in theory as well)
- It’s possible that a bug in this chain could have some issues/be unsupported for some devices (e.g. low reliability, only support newer SoC’s, etc.) - in this case, you’d still want to be on a lower version to have access to another bug (whether already existing or one that comes in the future).
- Tweak compatibility is probably better on lower versions (though tbf 26 is not exactly worse overall than 18 at the moment)
Overall, I’m interested to see where this leads, but I think even if this leads to something patience is the best move for now.
@0xjohnny@GenericCoding I think it's a mix of both their network being shit and this platform being the most finicky platform as of late (I've had many instances where it'll just randomly be dead for me for like 5-10 minutes)
@thejailbreakhub It likely will since the bugs aren’t patched in the current 27.2 betas and 27.1 preinstall is likely already finalized (and we even have a 27.1 OTA for it already)
@evandotsh 26.x and earlier let you just supervise + use a deferred software update delay profile
Apple explicitly deprecated it in 26.0 and removed it in 27.0.
@N104AP I mean BSI’s can’t be used for kernel stuff (they’re designed for stuff like WebKit bugs and some other userspace stuff).
That being said I’m not entirely sure if the bugs have even been reported to Apple yet or not (I wouldn’t be surprised if the answer is no).
That isn’t definitively known, but it’s more likely that the bugs here support it than not supporting it.
Even in a hypothetical worst case (which I personally find unlikely but isn’t impossible) it’s likely this information could at least be partially figured out before any delay ota window closed.
Here’s some quick thoughts on the untether bug as well (couldn’t figure out how to fit it in the main part tbf).
It honestly seems to be a somewhat mid untether bug overall, as it seems to run quite late (still BFU but well after the device hits lockscreen), and - as this was a pre-recorded demo for the untether - I’m inclined to think that there may be reliability issues as well with this bug.
The first problem already makes me think it’d be best reserved for something akin to u0+Fugu14 (where a jailbreak app would be persistently available and you wouldn‘t need to worry about signing), and the second potential part might make that an unviable path in general (there’s also nuance in terms of what the untether bug is that could have issues, but that’s not known yet).
We actually already have an untether bug for 15.x/16.x (FSUntether), but the ultimate problem with that bug is that it’s so late and relies on either TrollStore or a paid developer account, which ultimately made it generally unviable to use in any practical sense.