/ES value migrated emphatically lower, but we closed with a rally up to the VPOC, which also is HB of the $SPX daily, week, AND monthly bars, HB of the prior swing high, and HB of the current 650-pt balance area. π€―
So which way from here? I continue to expect continuation lower. The monthly, weekly, and daily are down. We have unfinished business within the April 4-7 range. And today's squeeze into the close took us right into the teeth of the sharply descending 8sma hourly bands.
/ES overnight 100% short. Gapped modestly lower, retraced to HVN ~5300, auctioned to 5250. Value lower but POC remains within 4/16 range. This morning, watching open in relation to 5250. If open above, expecting retest of 5300. If open below, expecting continuation to 5200.
/ES value migrated emphatically lower, but we closed with a rally up to the VPOC, which also is HB of the $SPX daily, week, AND monthly bars, HB of the prior swing high, and HB of the current 650-pt balance area. π€―
$SPX A market waiting for new information. Acceptance outside the purple zone will establish direction intraday. Acceptance outside the green zone will establish the next larger move.
So this move is clearly nuts. That doesn't mean it can't hold. But we ran (380 points π€―) straight into MAJOR resistance: Weekly HB, the HB zone from the 3/28 pivot high, declining Daily 8SMA bands, AND 4/3 gap fill. Stay alert.
/ES trading inside yesterday's upper distribution. Off the open, explored 20 points into the single prints from yesterday's news-generated melt-up and then reversed. I'm long above the low of that opening drive. #MGI@VegaOptions
@wherenow108@VegaOptions I can check for you when I get back to my desk tonight. If you use ToS, you can check for yourself, too. Simulate the position and then use ToS' historical replay tool to check the performance of the position at any day/time.
After $SPX tried and failed to reach yesterday's HB, I initiated a Mon/Fri put diagonal. 30 minutes later, as we pushed into structural support around 5620-5625, I rolled the long leg down to create a mildly bearish calendar spread with a locked-in profit.
@wherenow108 I made two teachable mistakes--both of which @VegaOptions has recently warned aboutπ: (1) got mesmerized by the expiration-date risk graph and held too long waiting for a favorable bounce; (2) I let the position go deep in the money, so the B/A spread got heard to manage.
@wherenow108 Yes, I've closed this one. I held it for too long, though. The best time to close it would have been 4/3. After that, the best exit was the morning of 4/8. I didn't close until we had retraced pretty deeply on 4/8, so I gave a lot of open profit back.
$SPX A market waiting for new information. Acceptance outside the purple zone will establish direction intraday. Acceptance outside the green zone will establish the next larger move.
If you find fulfillment in "gazing into the Matrix," more power to you. I enjoy that stuff when I have time for it. But if anyone tells you that you "have to" follow gamma or order flows to trade profitably, feel free to smile and walk away. @VegaOptions
My feed is full of posts about order flow, gamma strikes and whatnot. I'm even seeing people claiming that "levels" don't work anymore and that one literally cannot trade without staring at a display that looks like a EKG readout for a entire roomful of lab rats. π€ͺ
That's all fine. I'll just leave this chart here. In the first four hours of today's session, we have traded exactly to HB of the prior swing low, liquidated 230 POINTS...right to the HB of the prior swing high...before bouncing about 80 points (and counting).