JUST IN:
ANOTHER SUSPECT ARRESTED FOR MURDER OF TWO ANTI-GANG UNIT MEMBERS AND TWO WOMEN
The Acting National Commissioner of the South African Police Service, Lieutenant General Puleng Dimpane, has commended the multidisciplinary team led by the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation (Hawks), EMPD, SAPS Anti-Gang Unit and flying squad, as well as the Reiger Park community, following the arrest of an additional suspect linked to the killing of two Anti-Gang Unit members and two women in Reiger Park last week.
The 24-year-old male suspect was arrested this afternoon in Reiger Park following an intensive tracing operation by the multidisciplinary team.
Lieutenant General Dimpane has particularly welcomed the active role played by members of the Reiger Park community in assisting the police investigation.
The Acting National Commissioner thanked community members for standing up, speaking up and providing information that assisted the police in tracing the suspect.
“This arrest is not only a victory for SAPS; it is also a demonstration of the power of a community that refuses to be silenced by criminals. We commend the people of Reiger Park who stood up, spoke up and shared information with the police. Your courage and willingness to work with law enforcement has made a difference,” said Lieutenant General Dimpane.
She emphasised that communities are an important partner in the fight against crime, particularly in areas affected by gang violence.
“When communities speak up, they give police the information we need to move investigations forward. We therefore urge the people of Reiger Park to continue standing with the police and to continue providing information that can help us identify and arrest those who commit violent crimes,” she said.
The arrest comes as the SAPS continues to mourn the loss of two Anti-Gang Unit members who were killed in the line of duty.
Constable Thapelo Tlomatsane was laid to rest today in Limpopo, while Constable Sphiwe Sibeko was laid to rest on Saturday, 15 August 2026.
Two suspects have now been arrested in connection with the murders.
Earlier this week, 23-year-old Reagan Collis appeared in the Boksburg Magistrate’s Court on four counts of murder. He remains in custody, with his formal bail application scheduled for 25 August 2026.
The latest suspect is expected to appear before the Boksburg Magistrate's Court this week.
Lieutenant General Dimpane has assured the people of Reiger Park that the SAPS, together with its law enforcement partners, will continue working tirelessly to ensure that those responsible for gang violence are brought to book.
“We want the people of Reiger Park to know that we hear you. We appreciate those who have chosen to stand up and speak up. Your information matters, and your courage strengthens our investigations. We will continue working with you to reclaim our communities from criminals,” concluded Lieutenant General Dimpane.
Boooooom... Ladies & Gents I’ve got something exciting news to tell you, today i was approached by @MTVBaseSouth to come deliver good music to Mzansi tomorrow "Friday" @ 21h00....
Everybody must hear this awesome news.. Please retweet & help me get 10k retweets... 😊😊😊😊