No "acting awards" can ever define Julia's acting prowess. She's a great actress. Periodt! ✨
Her solo projects might not always go viral, but her acting talent is undeniable - and that's exactly why she's still in demand, thriving, and relevant. 💅
Thank God! 🙌
Julia Barretto's 2026 so far:
- Independent Artist ✨
- Shakey's Endo 🍕
- Face of Onitsuka Tiger Spring/Summer 2026 Collection 👟
- Always Yours, Never Mine (Sep 30) 🍿
- Haunted Carnival (Dec 2025) 🍿
- Knock Three Times (TBA) 🍿
My girlypop is booked, blessed, and busy 💅
Maraming salamat sa pagpapadama ng kakaiba niyong pagmamahal! #AlwaysYoursNeverMine Screen Test has 2.5 Million cummulative views across various platforms after 3 hours!
'Always Yours, Never Mine' — a film by Cathy Garcia-Sampana starring Joshua Garcia and Julia Barretto.
EXCLUSIVELY IN CINEMAS SEPTEMBER 30, 2026
#NewMovieAlert
"Wag ako ang mahalin mo... iba." ❤️🩹
Joshua Garcia & Julia Barretto's Screen Test for their upcoming film with Cathy Garcia-Sampana — 'Always Yours, Never Mine'.
EXCLUSIVELY IN CINEMAS SEPTEMBER 30, 2026
#NewMovieAlert#AlwaysYoursNeverMine
"Wag ako ang mahalin mo... iba." ❤️🩹
Joshua Garcia & Julia Barretto's Screen Test for their upcoming film with Cathy Garcia-Sampana — 'Always Yours, Never Mine'.
EXCLUSIVELY IN CINEMAS SEPTEMBER 30, 2026
#NewMovieAlert#AlwaysYoursNeverMine
WDYM BONG REVILLA WALKED FREE AFTER POSTING JUST ₱1 MILLION BAIL IN A CASE INVOLVING ₱92.8 MILLION IN MALVERSATION?
THIS COUNTRY IS A JOKE. MAKE IT MAKE SENSE. 🤡
ALSO, MR. BONG REVILLA, WAG KA SA PANGINOON MAGPASALAMAT. HIYA NA LANG. 😭
After the success of her blockbuster film with Joshua Garcia, actress #JuliaBarretto admitted that she intentionally stepped away from accepting new acting projects, choosing to wait for the right opportunity rather than rushing into another role.
The actress made the revelation during the media junket for Regal Entertainment’s official #MetroManilaFilmFestival entry, #HauntedCarnival, where she was formally introduced as one of the film’s lead stars.
Looking back on the overwhelming response to “Un/Happy For You,” Julia said the experience inspired her to become more intentional about the projects she would take on next.
“Sobra ko pong saya sa ‘Unhappy For You,’ ginusto kong mas maingat sa susunod kong gagawin,” she shared.
For Julia, finding fulfillment in her work became more important than simply staying busy.
“I want to finish the project na fulfilled ako na may impact siya sa akin. So naghintay ako ng tamang timing. You just have to be patient, and God is good, dumating ’to and I have an exciting project also na naisasabay ko with this,” she explained.
The actress believes every career move happens at the right moment, saying that taking a step back allowed her to gain clarity on the direction she wants to pursue.
“I guess timing is everything and everything happens for a reason. Sometimes, it’s good to take a pause para malaman mo iyong direction na gusto mong puntahan,” she added.
Aside from discussing her return to the big screen, Julia also addressed her current career status, confirming that she is now working independently after parting ways with Viva Artists Agency, which had managed her career for several years.
According to the actress, becoming independent has given her the freedom to explore new collaborations and embrace opportunities from different production companies.
“It’s a good time in my life to be able to explore and to work with everyone kasi lahat may magandang istorya, and gusto ko lang ma-grab ‘yong opportunity na ’yon kapag naisip nila ako para sa proyekto,” she said.
Despite the transition, Julia emphasized that her separation from her former management was handled with mutual respect, stressing that she remains grateful to everyone who has helped shape her career.
“But you know what? At the same time, I don’t want to burn bridges. Sa lahat ng network, management, na production house, naalagaan ako, naprotektahan ako, naging mabuti sa akin and sobra akong grateful,” she shared.
Now entering a new chapter in her career, Julia said she hopes to collaborate with more artists and filmmakers she has yet to work with, regardless of the production company behind the project.
“Since napag-usapan na natin, ando’n pa rin ‘yong desire ko na makipagtrabaho sa lahat from Viva, to Star Cinema, to Regal, and with all the production houses. Gusto kong patuloy pa rin iyong trabaho, basta naman may magandang istorya.”
Rather than defining herself as a freelancer, Julia prefers to see this phase of her career as simply being open to new possibilities.
“‘Wag natin gamitin ang word na iyon (freelancer). Gamitin natin na ‘open to opportunities,’” she declared.
Apart from “Haunted Carnival,” the actress is also set to headline another film under acclaimed director Jerrold Tarog, where she will share the screen with Christopher de Leon and Charo Santos.
(✍️ and 📹 Kiko Escuadro)
JUST IN: Ang Ikatlong Pelikula this Year para sa MMFF
‘Haunted Carnival' by
Regal Films
Starring: Julia Barretto, James Reid, Fyang Smith and Maricel Soriano
Director: Joey De Guzman
#MMFF2026#MMFF52
LOOK: PUKSAAN NA SA HORROR 💁🏻♀️🔥
Julia Barretto, James Reid, Fyang Smith, John Arcilla and Ms. Maricel Soriano will headline Regal Entertainment’s upcoming horror film #HauntedCarnival 🎡
Under the direction of Joey de Guzman and it is one of the official entries for the 52nd Metro Manila Film Festival!
SIYA YUNG DIREKTOR SA SRR EPISODE NILA FYANG KAYA MAGANDA AT MADUGO ITO 😭🔥 | @RegalFilms